Friday, April 15, 2016

See. Be. Draw. - What's in a name?

On April 15, 2006, 10 years ago today, I published the first post to my first See. Be. Draw. blog. This is what I wrote:
See. Be. Draw. - What's in a name?

See - In drawing from life, it's all about the eye-hand coordination. If the link between the eye and the hand were perfectly synchronized, we would never need to look at our drawing, only at the subject matter.

Be - We spend much time doing, less so just being. I find that when I draw, I am here, present, instead of spending time in the past or the future.

Draw - That's right! How about right now?
Today, I find that See. Be. Draw. represents even more to me.

See.
Drawing from life, seeing, really seeing, what is in front of me. As details are revealed, beauty is found. Drawing from within, using my inner sight to envision what I feel.

Be.
From stillness creation is born. Being, mind and body relaxing, expanding, filing away the old, making space for the new.

Draw.
Drawing, painting, writing, creating. It's all one.

Happy Anniversary, See. Be. Draw.!


Översättning. Idag är det 10 år sedan jag skrev det första inlägget till min första See. Be. Draw.-blogg.

No comments: